We used a retaining garden wall to create some outdoor living space at a property in Farnham, as the existing rear garden rose at a steep angle from the back of the house.
We excavated over 200 tonnes of soil to create a terraced area retained by rendered blockwork walls. We had to gain planning permission for the works as well as consulting structural engineers to ensure the walls would be strong enough to retain the upper ground.
The completion of this project, designing and building intricate garden walls, included:
- Gaining planning permission and liaising with local authorities
- Structural engineers were brought in to both advise and check the garden walls
- The walls were made from concrete block work, rendered and painted
- A complete drainage system was installed behind the walls to ensure ground and rainwater would not affect the walls
- All lighting and irrigation conduits were built into the garden walls
Retaining Garden Wall Gallery