This timber decking in Godalming was on a steep sloping site and the project involved irrigation, lighting, seating and a sound system.
Having completed some work for these clients ten years before, they returned to us having been inspired by a trip to India. They had a tight deadline, with 60 guests arriving for a 50th birthday party just 8 weeks after the project was proposed. We even had a bespoke raised Indian fire bowl flown in from India at short notice! Needless to say, the party was a huge success.
This timber decking project involved:
- Meeting an extremely precise time scale
- Designing the decking and organising irrigation, lighting, sound installation and seating
- The uprights were new oak sleepers and the decking used was Ipe hardwood
- Timber decking was glued, screwed, plugged and re-sanded so screw heads were invisible
- Vertical drainage composite utilised behind the timber, giving prolonged decking life
- All decking was raised off the ground with a protective membrane to prevent weed growth and water damage
Timber Decking Godalming Gallery